As is well known, ginger and lemon are essential foods for health. For a long time this combination has been used to treat respiratory problems. However, the combination of this citrus and root can be beneficial if ingested at night. So if you do not know what it is, here we tell you all about it so you can find out for yourself.
This powerful drink if consumed at night can be beneficial to your health. So let’s get to know them.
- It serves to treat insomnia. Insomnia is one of the most annoying problems, as it not only causes health problems, but also affects the performance of daily activities. So drinking ginger and lemon infusion at night can become the best habits to improve the quality of sleep.
- Minimizes menstrual cramps. It is that ginger tea at night works as a treatment for menstrual cramps. So we must not forget that this root has relaxing effects, as it works to relieve the tensions that generate menstrual cramps.
- Detoxify the liver. Frequent consumption of ginger and lemon tea at night is an option to improve liver function. Experts point out that oxidative stress is one of the main causes of a fatty liver. That is why the consumption of this drink helps to reverse the problem.
- Skin protection. Studies have shown that this root contains antioxidants. And that being in combination with a citrus element helps to take care of the skin, especially if consumed at night. Antioxidants relieve oxidative stress on skin cells, which promotes the development of new cells.
- Improves immune system functions. The infusion of ginger and lemon improves the functions of the immune system. In addition, it helps fight sore throat and cough.
How to prepare
Ginger-lemon tea is very easy to make. Just pour hot water into a cup. Then add a few drops of lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon of chopped fresh ginger. Let it steep for a couple of minutes and sweeten with honey. Wait until the flavors merge and drink.
So don’t miss this opportunity and drink ginger and lemon tea at night to feel good inside and out. Remember not to overdo it because, like everything that is taken in excess, it can bring counterproductive effects.